Thursday, August 20, 2009

SC Trip--Day 1/Part 1--Meeting Mary at the Airport

Mary and I planned a trip to SC to surprise our family, especially Liz Ann. She had been getting a little depressed lately, so we felt we should give her a pick-me-up visit. We kept it a secret from her for a couple of months, and we anticipated the moment with quite the enthusiasm! My hubby dropped me off late Monday night...
...and I arrived in Dallas early Tuesday morning.
I had a little layover, so I was able to see Mary's family.
Little Hunter didn't know what to think.
Levi was happy.
The kids had gotten so big since I last saw them. I was ecstatic to see them all. Mary, my partner in crime, was ready to join me on the plane ride the rest of the way.
Her husband, Jim, pleaded with me to make sure Mary behaved. He said, "When y'all get on the plane, don't let Mary start busting out in song and singing Kumbaya or something." I laughed and asked why he cared. He said, "Just the thought is embarrasing." LOL!!!
The plane we got on was teeny-tiny! We thought our male flight attendant was the pilot, and doing double duty. It was hilarious!
Now...you know Mary and I are crazy when we are together. As soon as we boarded the plane, I announced to the other passengers to excuse us because we were going to sing Kumbaya for Mary's husband. They laughed at us, of course. Here you go for your viewing pleasure...
(I hate that the lady filming us didn't get the whole song. She didn't know how to use my camera...oh, well, and, Yes, I know we can't sing...we didn't even know the words. It was just the point that we wanted to do it for Jim. ;)
We enjoyed the flight, and were getting really stoked about getting to SC for our surprise!
Then, OMG!!! When I got off of the plane and was in the terminal, I saw one of my former seminary students leaving for his mission!!!!! I was SOOOOOO happy!!!! God truly has his hand in things. That experience really made my day!!!
My mother-in-law picked us up and we headed off to do our thing....

1 comment:

Liz Ann said...

I'm surpised yalls husband let yall go...I'm glad they did though