Saturday, October 29, 2011

AFOTEC Pumpkin Contest

28 October 2011
So my hubby had a work picnic at the park and had his whole family join him. They had a pumpkin carving contest and I tried to talk my boys into carving something, but noone wanted to participate. Well, they all went off to play basketball instead and left me with a whole bunch of people I didn't know. Really? Thanks! After about 20 minutes of boredom, I decided to go ahead and carve something. As I was in the middle of my project, they returned to give me some input. Frankie helped me get the eyes symmetrical and Michelle suggested how to do the mouth. With our group effort, we won the grand prize!!!! (Yes, it really was the best. Pretty cool for not having carved a pumpkin in probably 10 years.) Yay! $30 worth of I-Tune downloads and lots of other goodies. (I gave the music to Frankie.)

Then Noah ended up winning the prize against the kid's painting contest. He got $15 in I-Tune downloads, plus tons of goodies!


Then my hubby got them to give him all of the leftover pumpkins so the boys can blow them up with the guns later. I would say we really racked up! :) Thanks Uncle Sam. That's the American tax dollar going to work for its troops. Hahaha!

No comments: