Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ward Trunk-or-Treat

28 October 2011 X-Men is my favorite scie-fi series. I just absolutely love all of the movies! I can't wait until the next one comes out. They are soooo good!!!

My sister told me that she was dressing her family in X-Men costumes and, of course, I thought it was a fabulous idea so copied her! Thanks Mary! I had to choose characters that I thought we kind of favored and could pull off. Therefore, we ended up as Colossus (Gabriel), Juggernaut (Dad), Rogue (Kela), Storm (Me), Wolverine (Brandon), and Archangel (Noah). I wanted Frankie to be Cyclops, but unfortunately he couldn't make it.

I literally had 30 minutes to get everyone ready--because my hubby decided to take the family to shoot guns (since Michelle had never went), and didn't get back in time. Meanwhile, I was cooking soup for the party and was stressing about how we could pull off my plans with none of my family around! Thankfully, we frantically did it. It was a miracle!

Hahaha...don't you love photoshop??? The fact that my baby LOVES Hale Berry made the decision to be her easy. ;)

I thought Kela turned out so cute as Rogue! Actually, she didn't wear her gloves to the party. I didn't realize she had taken them off, so she didn't have them there. (I had to photoshop them into our group pic)...Crazy little girl!

It's worth noting that a lot of these photos had to have some Photoshop work done to them. Hahaha. Gabriel decided to paint his body first....THEN put his shirt on. As you can imagine, he got some silver streaks on his clothes. :( It wasn't too, too bad, but I doctored up this pic nonetheless.

Gabriel has been working out a lot and is growing so much! He's 5'9" and weighs over 150 pounds. It's hard to believe he's only a Sophomore and is bigger than his older brothers. (Can't beat 'em, but bigger.)

He was funny when we were picking out characters, because originally I wanted him to be Cyclops, but he refused because he said he died by the hands of a girl and wouldn't be him. Hahaha! Therefore, he settled on Colossus. Great choice! I think he turned out great!

I didn't have time to fix Brandon's hair, since we were so rushed. I was so mad at him, because his hair was the perfect length to be Wolverine, but then he cut it a week before! Urghh! He had all kind of facial hair too! Anyway, Frankie was over at the house and helped fix Brandon's claws in time for us to leave. We did forget his dogtags, though. Really? I guess that's not surprising.

Okay. Here is my Juggernaut. Seriously, this was the biggest stress of the season and night. I bought my hubby stuff to be Beast--really, he would have been perfect! However, he didn't like the idea of wearing paint, a wig, and a suit. We had quite the conflict over it! I finally conceded and allowed him to be Juggernaut instead. Of course, I didn't have stuff for a Juggernaut costume, so he's a little ghetto. ;)~ Still my baby and love him...no matter what.

Brandon ended up changing during the middle of the activity. He couldn't eat with his claws on and wanted to take them off. Whalah! I guess he wasn't Wolverine. He must have really been Mystique!!! Look at that transformation...he took over Where's Waldo! These unsuspecting people better watch out. Mystique is deadly!!! The two evil ones giving out candy (Mystique and Juggernaut). Watch out! That candy may not be safe!!!Kela with Rhylea. Please don't touch her skin, though. She can suck the life out of you. ;)









Yes, that it real. And, yes, he is touching it!

Kela went to touch it too! Quickly. But touched it nonetheless. Then she said, "candy!"


The night was great!--Lots of food. Lots of candy. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

Brigg and Dianne said...

Great costumes! What a fun idea! It's really hard to get Brigg to agree to ever wear a costume, I'm glad they were all good sports about it. Looks like everybody had fun!!!