Monday, November 14, 2011

Kela's Special Olympics

Kela is sporting her newly made scarf and beanie...compliments of Noah. (Well, Noah made the beanie and I made the scarf--Noah actually made the beanie for himself, but Kela decided that it belonged to her, so now Noah is making him a different one. Haha! Girls rule!) Kela absolutely loves her new Fall Fashion! She even wants to wear her accessories to bed. I've had to sneak them away from her just so I can wash them. What a silly little girl!

4 November 2011
Kela's school signed her up for Special Olympics and Gabriel volunteered to help with the events. I was sad that I couldn't attent, seeing as how I have mandatory school! Ugh! However, Dad was able to get off of work and cheer his little girl on! Both of them gave Kela some love before leaving the house.
Oh, this is Kela's walker that she uses at school. Gabriel says that she is so fast in the halls with it. It makes her fearless and she just runs all over the place. LOL!
What a good brother! Gabriel loves helping his little sister and is constantly supporting her! He makes me very proud!
Here's Kela representing her school, Shadow Ridge High School--the Mustangs!
Hahaha...look how little she is!
I'm guessing they're learning what they're supposed to do. ????
Kela is pumping up the crowd!!!
Dad said she laughed the whole time!
And, he said he has never seen her run as fast as she did either! :)
Kela getting her high fives!Don't forget Dad!!!
It looks like Kela is dragging her helper. hahaha!!!!
Go, girl, go!!! Apparently, she loves soccer!

In the meantime...
Gabriel was one of the coaches for his school and the other kids who were actually able to play the game of soccer. He pumped them up and ran beside the kids, telling them what to do.
Notice the disappointment in Gabriel (#25) after his special needs boy missed the goal! Hahaha!
He was very proud of his team. :)
He's congratulating them.
His team ended up winning, so it was all good.
Kela had an awesome time! WooHoo Speacial Olympics!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, Kela really loves everything about the whole event! It just made me so happy to see her laughing and smiling, we miss her so much....Gabriel seems to have that special gift of making Kela and the other kids really happy, I couldn't be prouder of him, be sure and tell them both how much I love them...xxxooo,
grandma cook

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

Luke and were coaches for special Olympics for a couple of years and then we were on management team too at Utah State in Logan. SO holds a special place in my heart and I can't wait to do it again some day. Does she get to go to state games? Those are so fun. She looks so happy too. Glad shes in it.