Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SC Trip--Day 5/ Part 1--Birthday at Ft. Jackson

Liz Ann had two of her children celebrating birthdays in August: Little Anthony (3 yrs) and Gabriella (1 yr). She decided to hold their party at the waterpark on Ft. Jackson. Let's just say we had quite the issue trying to get into the place!!!
First off, those of us who had military I.D.'s split ourselves up into the cars, so that we could get on post without any problems........so we thought. (I drove Angel's van and took all of her kids with me, with Mary accompanying me.) As we went through checkpoint, we were instructed that we had to get a visitor's pass since the vehicle did not have a sticker. What! The Air Force doesn't do that? Military is military...apparently not!...okay, we're at your mercy...Therefore, they motioned us to the side.
Well, while there, we had to show insurance and registration. As I pulled out Angel's documents, I noticed that they were expired...what the crap!!? I handed them to the guy anyway, hoping he wouldn't notice...uh...no such luck! He informed me that they were not current, and asked me to pull over into the corner....YIKES!!! The corner?! Oh, no!!! The corner means trouble! The corner is for bad people!!!!....I looked at Mary and said, "Look. We are in trouble so you have to help me flirt with the MP being called, so we can get out of this!" We put on our best faces and attitudes, and went at it... To make a long story short...We were there for over an hour!!! We did get out of a ticket, avoided having the car towed, and still got to attend the party! ...One of my favorite flirtatious lines, though, was from Mary...and I quote, "If you're going to arrest us, please use the furry handcuffs, because I'm not used to those (pointing at his)." Blahahahaha!!!!!!! OMG!!!! The MP didn't know how to respond. He just smiled, and said he really wanted to help us out.
After the whole ordeal, we felt we HAD to get a picture with him, because we just spent so much time together! And, besides, this was definite scrapbook material. ;)
Wow! We made it to the group! Shewww! The sisters were excited to start our water fun! We got our tubes and headed for the lazy river.
This is my kind of relaxation!!! There was plenty to do....I even ran into an old friend from school: Dawn Vella!!!!However, Mary got an attitude with me over pictures! I tried to clear things up, but she wasn't budging!...so stubborn!!! ;) ...so then I just started making fun of her! Thankfully, Lizzy joined in and defended me!
She had my back!!! With my extra backup, Mary decided she couldn't continue pouting, and finally forgave me!
Yay!! ....because I just love her to death! My trip would have been miserable if she remained mad! ;)

No comments: