Friday, September 25, 2009

George Wallace @ The Flamingo

It's always exciting to see what shows will be free for us each month. This time we got to see the comedian, George Wallace, at the Flamingo Hotel. It was a great time for us to go, because I had finished my first A&P exam, and felt I did pretty well, so I considered my date a reward for hard work. Yes! My hubby told me I was too old to wear this hat. ;) However, I wore it anyway, because I thought it was cute. Besides, I got it (and the necklaces) FREE from my work. (I can't let my sweet goods go to waste, now can I?) I was STARVING before the show, so I tried to get me something to eat at one of the restaurants there. However, the burger joint that we went to was soooooo slow that we had to walk out on them. Grrrr! All I got was my water.
We raced over to the theater to get our seats.
Well, the usher looked at our tickets and was in the middle of placing us, but then turned around and offered to move us closer. He ended up taking us to the fourth row. We were right up on George!!!! We were a little concerned at first that he might be a little trashy, but he wasn't. He used the "a" word a bit, but other than that, he was clean. It was delightfully funny!!! Our $16 strawberry daquiri was amazing!!!! (virgin, of course) We even got to meet George and have him sign our cups!
Then we picked our car up from valet and headed home. We had a really great night!!!

1 comment:

Leigh This Way said...

Wow! I sure do have great perks at your jobs! All I get is a Costco membership and the opportunity to catch other people's germs =/