Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

24 November 2011 Thanksgiving morning I was able to go to BlessFest and help provide service for some of the homeless here in Las Vegas. There were a few thousand that were provided for on this day. When I drove up I immediately began to cry, because the amount of people in need were staggering. It was hard to hold back my emotions. Basically, the homeless were fed, given clothes, sanitary supplies, bookbags of provisions, medical attention, haircuts/shampoos, dental care, counseling, and all sorts of help. I was able to go and provide my dental hygiene service and do screenings, and actually send the people with immediate need to the dentists there to have restorative work done. It was amazing! I'm so glad I got to be a part of this! Gabriel even went with me. He worked at the Children's Ministry section and helped supervise the children who were allowed to play in the bouncy house. He had such a good time that he said we definitely have to do it again next year. I agree. It was a great way to spend Thanksgiving. Since we spent our morning and afternoon at BlessFest, we didn't have our family meal until later in the day. My hubby had sat back with the little ones frying turkies for friends. Therefore, he was happy when we returned, because after he had been smelling food all day, he was ready to eat! Hahaha!


We had a great time together! Family is definitely something I am grateful for!!!

After much fun the kids were finally wore out! (I woke Kela up when I took this pic.)



**Frankie and Michelle went to St. George with her family, so we missed them. And, Brandon decided not to eat with us after I asked him to do a chore for me. :( Normally, I would have been upset over this outburst, but after spending the day with people who were truly in hard circumstances, the dysfunctions of my family didn't seem so bad. I love Brandon regardless of whether he wants to spend his time with us or not. <3

No comments: