Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fiddler On the Roof

19 August 2011 I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my husband lately. Having some spare time outside of school has been great. We have been able to truly connect again (much neede) and I have loved every minute of it. This past weekend we decided to go to the foothills of Spring Mountain and enjoy an outdoor play of Fiddler on the Roof. (We've been trying to make it up there for awhile, but they've either been sold out or we've had other committments.) It's such a nice setting. It's mountainous with grass to lay on, and a beautiful, gentle breeze blowing in the background. The temperature is perfect! It's a great environment to relax and snuggle with the one you love...which is exactly what we did. We laid out a blanket and curled up together as we watched the play. It was awesome!


We knew this date would be fun, so we invited Frankie and Michelle to come along too. We figured the newlyweds could use a little cuddle time as well. LOL. We had a great picnic dinner (Cafe Rio with fresh fruit, ham/cheese/and crackers. Plus, we included a cooler full of drinks to enjoy. I would like to think that Frankie and Michelle had a really good time and we added a little cultural fun to their lives. At least that's what I hoped happened. ;)


At any rate, I believe Michelle was grateful that her hubby took the time to be with her in an atmoshpere other than bowling or video games. Hahaha.


Of course...my babe is always thrilled to be with me no matter what the occasion! ;) Truth be told...I kinda like being with him too. hahaha. Just kidding...I LOVE being with him. After 21 years, he still makes me smile and feel excitement. I'm grateful for that. Marrying him has been a huge blessing to me. I'm glad he has the ability to overlook all of my faults (which are many) and love me anyway. He definitely has my whole heart. I love him more than anything.


But. I can't take all of the attention, can I? My hubby also enjoys being with his oldest son too. He loves him dearly and he treasures all of the time that he gets with him as well. He loves being a dad to boys and he's proud of each of them. Right now they are just waiting for the football games to start, so they can cheer the Gamecocks on together. Gooooo COCKS! Gotta love that! Hey, Frankie...with school starting and football season beginning as well...don't forget to keep your relationship with the most important person alive. ;) Take care of what matters most. (Just a little advice from your mother.)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

what a fun date! I wish we had things like that around here!

Brigg and Dianne said...

That's a great idea! I am glad you all had a chance to go and have a good time. Hey, did you hear about the Smith Center for
Performing Arts that is opening downtown in the Spring? They are going to have broadway-style shows there! Wicked will be there from August 2012 to October 2012. I am SOOO excited!

Rebekah Del Priore said...

Good Times! I still can't believe Frankie is Married!!!