Monday, July 26, 2010

Liz Ann & Angel-- Hoover Dam

12 February 2010
Liz Ann has a friend that lives in Vegas, and we met up with her for breakfast. She introduced us to Mimi's Cafe. (Now I take my family there. Love it!) Since I'm not a heavy breakfast eater, though, I only ordered a muffin.
Later that afternoon, the girls decided to drive up to Hoover Dam (since it's only around 45 minutes away). We couldn't convince Rocco to stop playing video games, so we left him at the house. I can't believe he spent most of his vacation that way. LOL!!! Anyway, we took the tour, which took us down under the dam and through some of the corridors. It had a musky smell and was cooler in temperature.
You could feel the water vibrating under your feet. It was strange to feel the power of it...spooky too. We also went through a hands-on science room that showed the aspects of electricity and things.
(It looks like Liz Ann was really enjoying the challenge of making energy. ;)
Don't ya think?) Hahaha...okay, all the people in our tour were pretty mellow and acting like deadbeats. However, us girls couldn't restrain ourselves in that way. For example, while we were in the elevator, the cart jerked and Angel reached out and grabbed my boob and yelled, "hold on!" Our guide looked at us and started laughing in shock!!! Hahahaha! Then the mood changed dramatically from then on. LOL! We brought a little more excitement to the place.
We used every opportunity to make a fool of ourself. That doesn't surprise anyone, does it???
When we finally made it to the top of the dam, it was a little breathtaking....
Well, I don't know if that's the right word....Actually, I was quite scared!!! My feet were tingling. I am not kidding!!! I had a very hard time looking over the edge!
Then Lizzy was freaking me out, because she kept acting like it wasn't a big deal! Whew! Holy moly!!! I could not get very close to the edge like she could.
Then she tried to grab me for a picture, but I thought she was trying to grab me for the purpose of pushing me towards the edge as a joke, so I pulled my arm back to punch her in the face!!! hahahahahaha!!!! She had me totally feaking out! LOL! I had to protect myself, right? haha! However, we did get this picture with the new bridge behind us. The old dam bridge will no longer be used once this is completed. Honestly, I don't know if I could drive across it.
I tried to get a picture of the depth of this dam, but I couldn't get it to capture the bottom. Lizzy and Angel are right under that arrow. They look like little tiny ants.
This is on the other side of the dam where the water is being held back. You can tell by the white water line that we are going through a drought. The lake is really low! (I don't know why I'm not wearing my shades. I'm squinting like crazy!)
Then we went into the gift shop.
I love this pic!!!! Vegas is all about luck and money!!! Cha-ching!
Just a swingin' !!!
Then we got back in time to see my hubby get home from work. I love him in his uniform!!!! =)

2 comments:

April said...

I love Mimi's Cafe, yum! Looks like you had a really fun day! :-)

Liz Ann said...

You were ridiculous about heights. And I didn't even reach for you. I leaned over to throw my purse down and you TOTALLY freaked. bahahaha. I really thought you were going to kill me over that.