Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Games!

8 Oct 09
Well, when you have a BIG family, it's hard to get everyone together at once...especially when you have teenagers. We have been playing games at the park this week, but every time we go, someone is missing. Today Gabriel was absent. However, we did gain Frankie in our midst.
I was glad that he could join us, because he's usually the one that is out doing his own thing. We got lucky with him today. =)
Brandon took Frankie as his teammate, and Dad and I paired up.
It was hard having my hubby on my team, because I'm kind of used to rooting against him. LOL!!!
However, I did my best to give it my best shot. You know why? ...Well, let's put it this way...if you're on my hubby's team, and you don't do so well, he will let you know it. I'm not kidding.
Frankie was intensely keeping score. I think he was hoping the score would change!
Nope! I'm sorry! The old, gimpy parents won three games in a row!!!!
Kela was semi-watching.
(She busted her head open on her school field trip today, and they called the ambulance and everything. However, she was fine. She just had a gash on the top of her head.)
Back to my story....
Of course, the boys had to play Bocce too.
Can't you tell how serious things get? The guys are checking out the distance of the balls.
Noah and Dad took on Frankie and Brandon.
And Kela and I cheered them on. Awww!!! Frankie and Brandon finally won something.
BUT!!! When Dad and I played them, who do you think won? LOL!!! That's right! The old fogies slaughtered them. ...Come on brush your shoulders off!!!!
THEN, we went back and played more Ladderball and...must I say it? We spanked 'em some more.
BUT!!! My hubby was talking smack and telling me I didn't help him win. He took total credit. He told me I was NO good, and that he carried our team!!! ...Oh, heck no!!!!! It's ON!!!! We competed against each other....
I had to shut my hubby's mouth!
I took him down...not once...not twice...but THREE TIMES!!!
That's right! Shut your hole, baby!!! I believe I'm the one who carries you!!! Get 'ya some!!! LOL!!!
(My husband says I have to say that he won two out of five.)

3 comments:

Ranee J Fratangelo said...

we love ladder golf...Rob actually made a set and let the kiddos paint the ladders and golf balls...we have purple and blue colors. I'm glad Noah is feeling better!

Erica Wyatt said...

We love ladder ball to. FUN stuff.

Mikelene said...

Love your retelling of the events! And the photos are great! Both made me smile.