Saturday, October 22, 2011

DH Hiking Cathedral Rock

1 October 2011
A small part of my dental hygiene class wanted to get together and go hiking. Of course, I was up for that! We met at Mt. Charleston and hiked Cathedral Rock. It's only about a mile and a half up (3 miles round trip)...not too bad! I invited Brandon and Michelle to come along, because I know they like to do things outdoors too. I'm glad they decided to join me. :) It's alwas nice getting to spend quality time with family!
I'm glad there was some pretty fall colors in the trees. And, honestly, we picked the best day to go, because the weather was PERFECT...and the following Saturday it snowed on the mountain!!! We couldn't have gone a better time! It was just lovely!
Some of my buddies. I think this was around the area that I had to go pee! It was such an open space that I had to squat behind a tree and hope that no other hikers were coming from a different direction. Thankfully, I had a great scouter with me (Brandon) who brought toilet paper. ;)
This is Brandon imitating my technique! Hahaha! The ladies were beasting it!
And, yes, we made it to the top! We started from where the cabins are.
No doubt, we are the bomb! :)
Titanic pose. (There was NO WAY I was going out to the edge! It was windy!) Success!!!! You know, this might be our same pose when we graduate!

No comments: